WARM UP: Have you found your racing groove?
This weekend saw the final round of the warm up series. With over 400 riders competing across three events, I hope you agree that the new series was a great success! The Warm-Up Series Standings are now online and can be access by clicking here
EASTERN REGION MTB SERIES: Two weeks till we get down to business…
Can you believe it - we are already at the start of the race season and less than two weeks off the first round at Hylands Park, Chelmsford Sunday 10th April!
There have been a number of developments of the 2011 series which we have outlined below:
- We have a new look sponsor line up with Phil’s Bike Company, Chelmer Cycles, Health Muscle and Fitness and Today’s Cyclist. All sponsors will be attending each event with stalls packed packed full of merchandise and special event day deals.
- The Grommets entry now includes a 1hr coaching session by professional British Cycling coaches. The coaching session will start at 10am with their race kicking off at 11.30am for everyone to see. Importantly, whilst the grommets are in their coaching session, parents will be available to ride in the Warrior race - meaning that the whole family can now get involved!
- The challenger and warrior race now start at 10am.
- There is now a grand vet (50 + yrs) category in the racer race for male and female riders.
- Event prizes this year will be bespoke mud sweat and gears medals - with snazzy looking trophies for the series winners.
EASTERN: Sign up soon to avoid disappointment!
With the series becoming more and more popular, we have capped the entry per race to ensure a quality race experience. The entry field will be capped as follows - 50 grommets, 50 challengers, 100 warriors and 150 racers. We strongly suggest therefore that you register for your chosen events as soon as possible, as once the event is full - it’s full.
WEEKDAY: Come down a join us for the weekday blast at Hylands Park…
On Wednesday evening before each of the Eastern Region MTB Races you will have the opportunity to make the most of the lighter evenings and have a guided tour of the course. Starting at 6pm and finishing just before sunset, The Weekday Blast will provide you with an opportunity to build your confidence, develop your skills and socialise with friends.
TRIPS: Fancy an action packed trip to the Pyrenees, France? Then get your entry in soon!
Entries to our action packed Pyrenees trip closes on Friday 8th April. At the barging price of £499 including guide, accommodation, food and transport - places are filling up fast - so please book on as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Look forward to seeing you soon,
Alistair and the MSG Team
Brought to you by Essex Outdoors and Essex Legacy